Advanced Planning in Vertically Integrated Wine Supply Chains
- 2k Downloads
This chapter gives detailed insights into a project for transitioning a wine manufacturing company from a mostly spreadsheet driven business with isolated silo-operated planning units into one that makes use of integrated and optimised decision making by use of modern heuristics. We present a piece of the puzzle - the modelling of business entities and their silo operations and optimizations, and pave the path for a further holistic integration to obtain company-wide globally optimised decisions. We argue that the use of “Computational Intelligence” methods is essential to cater for dynamic, time-variant and non-linear constraints and solve today’s real-world problems exemplified by the given wine supply chain.
KeywordsSupply Chain Supply Chain Management Time Block Supply Chain Network Advance Planning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ackoff, R.L.: The future of operational research is past. J. Oper. Res. Soc. 30, 93–104 (1979)Google Scholar
- 4.Boulton, R.B., Singleton, V.L., Bisson, L.F., Kunkee, R.E.: Principles and Practices of Winemaking. Springer (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Davis, L.: Job shop scheduling with genetic algorithms. In: Proc. 1st Int. Conf. Genetic Algorithms, pp. 136–140 (1985)Google Scholar
- 12.Davis, L.: Embracing complexity. Toward a 21st century supply chain solution (2008), Web-resource http://sdcexec.com/online/printer.jsp?id=9012
- 24.Oliver, R.K., Webber, M.D.: Supply-chain management: Logistics catches up with strategy. In: Logistics. Chapman and Hall (1982) (Reprint from Outlook)Google Scholar
- 26.Potter, M.: The design and analysis of a computational model of cooperative coevolution. Ph.D. Thesis, George Mason University (1997)Google Scholar
- 29.Stadtler, H., Kilger, C.: Supply Chain Management and Advanced Planning. Springer (2008)Google Scholar
- 31.Toth, P., Vigo, D.: The Vehicle routing problem. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (2001)Google Scholar
- 37.Zielinski, K., Weitkemper, P., Laur, R., Kammeyer, K.D.: Parameter study for differential evolution using a power allocation problem including interference cancellation. In: Proc. 2006 IEEE Congr. Evol. Comput., pp. 1857–1864 (2006)Google Scholar