A Model to Calculate Knowledge from Knowledge Base
Knowledge base can be defined as the database of knowledge. It comprises of several factors including information, intelligence, skill set and experience. Experience is the most important factor amongst these. This paper talks about the model to calculate the knowledge of an entity in terms of mathematics. Knowledge will be calculated by taking the above mentioned four elements. This will be beneficial for any organizations in the sense that they will be able to calculate their current knowledge and the knowledge required at a particular instance. This will in turn save the wastage of resources that the organization holds knowledge can be created through various factors and utilization of resources of the organization. The second benefit will be reduction in the amount of time taken to create knowledge. These two benefits shall be discussed in detail in the later sections.
KeywordsExperience information knowledge knowledge base
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Stern, R., Sagot, B.: Population of a knowledge base for news metadata from unstructured text and web data (2012), https://akbcwekex2012.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/13_paper.pdf
- 2.Mayfield, J., Finin, T.: Evaluating the quality of knowledge Base Populated from text (2012), http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/_file_directory_/papers/633.pdf
- 3.Higa, K., Sheng, O.R.L.: An object-oriented methodology for knowledge base/database coupling (1992), http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=129888.129895
- 4.Grahne, G., Mendelzon, A.O., Revesz, P.Z.: Knowledge base transformation, http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=137097.137882andcoll=DLanddl=ACMandCFID=150042091andCFTOKEN=76377614
- 5.Saunders, A.: Online solutions: Looking to the future of knowledge base management (2004), doi:10.1145/1027802.1027848Google Scholar
- 6.Steele, M.: Leverage your transferable skills. Futures in motion, Inc., http://www.slideshare.net/joongie69/m-steele-leverage-your-transferable-skills-1
- 8.Henderson, B.: Experience curve effects (1970), http://dinarstandard.com/leadership/strategy-concepts-the-experience-curve
- 9.Shannon, C.E.: The Bell System Technical Journal (1948), http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bstj/vol27-1948/articles/bstj27-3-379.pdf