Fuzzy Multi-Sphere Support Vector Data Description
Current well-known data description methods such as Support Vector Data Description and Small Sphere Large Margin are conducted with assumption that data samples of a class in feature space are drawn from a single distribution. Based on this assumption, a single hypersphere is constructed to provide a good data description for the data. However, real-world data samples may be drawn from some distinctive distributions and hence it does not guarantee that a single hypersphere can offer the best data description. In this paper, we introduce a Fuzzy Multi-sphere Support Vector Data Description approach to address this issue. We propose to use a set of hyperspheres to provide a better data description for a given data set. Calculations for determining optimal hyperspheres and experimental results for applying this proposed approach to classification problems are presented.
KeywordsKernel Methods Fuzzy Interference Support Vector Data Description Multi-Sphere Support Vector Data Description
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ben-Hur, A., Horn, D., Siegelmann, H.T., Vapnik, V.: Support vector clustering. Journal of Machine Learning Research 2, 125–137 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Boser, B.E., Guyon, I.M., Vapnik, V.: A training algorithm for optimal margin classifiers. In: Proceedings of the 5th Annual ACM Workshop on Computational Learning Theory, pp. 144–152. ACM Press (1992)Google Scholar
- 3.Boyd, S., Vandenberghe, L.: Convex Optimisation. Cambridge University Press (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, Y., Zhou, X., Huang, T.S.: One-class svm for learning in image retrieval. In: ICIP (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Le, T., Tran, D., Ma, W., Sharma, D.: An optimal sphere and two large margins approach for novelty detection. In: The 2010 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), pp. 1–6 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Moya, M.M., Koch, M.W., Hostetler, L.D.: One-class classifier networks for target recognition applications, pp. 797–801 (1991)Google Scholar
- 16.Xiao, Y., Liu, B., Cao, L., Wu, X., Zhang, C., Hao, Z., Yang, F., Cao, J.: Multi-sphere support vector data description for outliers detection on multi-distribution data. In: ICDM Workshops, pp. 82–87 (2009)Google Scholar