Does Predefined ERP Implementation Methodology Work for Public Companies in Transitioning Country?
The main objective of this paper is to answer a question “Does predefined ERP implementation methodology work for state owned companies in transitioning countries?” The focus will be on state owned companies from Bosnia and Herzegovina, as it is typical transitioning company. Paper will treat selected issues which could trouble ERP implementation trough predefined ERP implementation methodology for SAP ERP. This paper presents observations/remarks based on experience of authors in SAP ERP implementation projects in public sector in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Author’s goal is to provide useful insight into predefined ERP implementation methodology (in theory) and issues that arise in real life ERP projects. Also, it should provide structural knowledge for all stakeholders involved in the process of ERP implementation in public sector.
KeywordsEnterprise resource planning (ERP) Implementation State owned company Post socialist transitioning country ASAP methodology
- 1.Sheu, C., Yen, H.R., Krumwiede D.W.: The effect of national differences on multinational ERP implementation: an exploratory study. TQM Bus. Excell. 14(6), 641–657 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Midrange, E.R.P.: There Is No Magic in ERP Software: It’s in Preparation of the Process and, p. 8. People, September (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.itbusinessedge.com: Whos to blame for failed ERP project that prompted lawsuit, http://www.itbusinessedge.com/cm/blogs/all/whos-to-blame-for-failed-erp-project-that-prompted-sap-lawsuit/?cs=11588 (2021)
- 4.Bloomberg.com: Shane says SAP costs helped cause jeweler’s decline, http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=awweg53wmmJw&refer=germany (2012)
- 5.Bhagwani, A.: Critical Success Factors In Implementing SAP ERP Software, An EMGT Field Project report submitted to the Engineering Management Program and the Faculty of the Graduate School of The University of Kansas (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.U4.no: Corruption and Anti-Corruption in Bosnia and Herzegovina (B&H); www.u4.no/helpdesk/helpdesk/query.cfm?id=221 (2012)
- 7.Worldbank, Bosnia and Herzegovina Diagnostic Surveys of Corruption, World Bank; http://www1.worldbank.org/publicsector/anticorrupt/Bosnianticorruption.pdf (2012)
- 8.Nazir, M.M.: ERP Implementation in Oil Refineries. Daily Business Recorder, Karachi (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Miller, S.: Asap Implementation at the Speed of Business: Implementation at the Speed of Business. Computing McGraw-Hill,New York (1998)Google Scholar