Observers with Discrete-Time Measurements in the Sliding Mode Output-Feedback Stabilization of Nonlinear Systems
The chapter investigates the problem of designing an observer for nonlinear nonaffine systems with discrete-time measurements (continuous-discrete-time systems). The chapter considers the variable-structure control of nonlinear systems when the state vector is not completely available and the output measurements are discrete-time; the use of suitably designed observers is required. The strategy of introducing integrators in the input channel is exploited to enlarge the class of tractable control systems. An observer is proposed and conditions are found under which the convergence to the unique ideal solution is proven for both system and observer. The control problem is solved by forcing a sliding regime for the observer, while satisfying an exponential stability criterion for the observation error state equation.
KeywordsSlide Mode Control Output Feedback Input Channel Mode Observer Nonlinear Observer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Ali, T.A., Postoyan, R., Lamnabhi-Lagarrigue, F.: Continuous discrete adaptive observers for state affine systems. Automatica 45(12) (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Andrieu, V., Nadri, M.: Observer design for lipschitz systems with discrete-time measurements. In: Proc. 49th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Atlanta, GA, USA (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Salgado, I., Moreno, J., Chairez, I.: Sampled output based continuous second order sliding mode observer. In: Proc. 11th International Workshop on Variable Structure Systems, Mexico City, Mexico (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Salgado, I., Moreno, J., Chairez, I., Fridman, L.: Design of mixed luenberger and sliding continuous mode observer using sampled output information. In: Proc. 49th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Atlanta, GA, USA (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Han, X., Fridman, E., Spurgeon, S.: A sliding mode observer for fault reconstruction under output sampling: A time-delay approach. In: Proc. 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and European Control Conference (CDC-ECC) Orlando, FL, USA (2011)Google Scholar