Smart Land Record Application Using Web GIS and GPS
Land is a natural resource for the livelihood of human and basic element of wealth generation. The land plays an important role in agricultural, residential and environmental advancement of the country. Due to rapid growth rate in population, mortgage ability, cultivation and industrial areas enhanced the importance of land record management. The system is design to provide maximum accuracy, accessibility and portability. In our system GPS and GIS technologies used to manage land records. GIS and GPS technologies are used to preserve the land record that helps in reducing the boundary disputes and automatically localize land boundaries irrespective of the changing conditions of the physical location of land. This application eliminates illegal land shrinkages and expansions based on the moving physical boundaries (more often the case in rural areas and agricultural/orchards). These Land records are helpful for taxation and provide protection of the rights and ownership information of land owners.
KeywordsGPS GIS Centroid Based Search Khewat
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Choudhury, E., Ridwan, M., Awal, M.A., Hosain, S.: A Web-based Land Management System for Bangladesh. In: ICCIT 2011, Dhaka, Bangladesh, December 22-24 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Lin, S., Xu, J., Li, Z., Yang, Y.: Design and Implementation of Lujiazui Land Management Information System Based on WebGIS. In: 2010 International Conference on E-Business and E-Government, IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Nahrin, K., Shafiq-Ur Rehman, M.: Land Information System (LIS) for Land Administration and Management in Bangladesh. Journal of Bangladesh Institute of Planners 2 (December 2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Yang, D.-Z., Li, L.: Design and Analysis of Sustainable Land Management Evaluation System. In: Second International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering 2009 IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Dacey, S., Barbour, R., Fernando, A.: Participatory Land Use Management of Public Spaces in New Zealand. Joint Urban Remote Sensing Event, Munich, Germany, April 11-13 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Cao, Y.: Management Information System Design and Implementation of Land Use Planning By GIS Technology. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Abbas, Arigbede, Y.A.: Sustainable land management in Zaria using Remote Sensing and GIS techniques. Journal of Ecology and Natural Environment 3(4), 131–138 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, W.-J., Tang, D.-S.: Empirical study on the utilization and management of collective construction land in the urban planning area. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, H., Li, M., Chen, Z., Bao, Z., Huang, Q., Cai, D.: Land Use Information Release System Based on Google Maps API and XML. Key Laboratory of Geoinformatics of State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping, No.200712 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Ghazali, R., Latif, Z., Rasam, A.R., Samad, A.M.: Integrating Cadastral GIS Database into GPS Navigation System for Locating Land Parcel Location in Cadastral Surveying. In: 2011 IEEE 7th International Colloquium on Signal Processing and its Applications (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Luo, Q., Wang, P., Wang, Y.: Study on a kind of Land-use Change Detection Based on Patch Object. In: International Conference on Information Science and Technology, Nanjing, Jiangsu, March 26-28. Chinats of Remote Sensing Image (2011)Google Scholar