New Crime Detection with LBP and GANN
A current review of media sources indicates crimes of opportunity such as burglaries, purse-snatchings and vehicle theft, are consistently the most topical crime problems. The Malaysian government has taken several steps to increase police effectiveness and reduce crime since 2004. But their effectiveness is limited by low salaries and lack of manpower. Verily to compile a comprehensive afford of crime fighting capabilities. We present an explicit system to detect a crime scene with Local Binary Pattern (LBP) and a fusion of Genetic Algorithm with Neural Network (GANN). This system provided a good justification as a monitoring supplementary tool for the Malaysian police arm forced.
KeywordsCrime rate Local Binary Pattern Genetic Algorithm Neural Network Feed Forward Neural Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Charles, L.: ‘More crimes last year, but fewer violent ones’ The Star on Line (January 10, 2008), http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/1/10/nation/19964810&sec=nation (accessed January 5, 2010)
- 2.ACP Amar Singh Sidhu, This Rise of Crime in Malaysia An Academic and Statistical Analysis. Journal of the Kuala Lumpur Royal Malaysia Police College (4), 25 (March 23-24, 2005), http://mpk.rmp.gov.my/jurnal/2005/riseofcrime.pdf (accessed January 6, 2010)
- 3.Feedom House 2010, Freedom in the World – Malaysia (June 2010), http://www.freedomhouse.org/template.cfm?page=363&year=2010 (accessed September 10, 2010)
- 4.Nanni, L., Brahnam, S., Lumini, A.: Selecting the Best Performing Rotation Invariant Patterns in Local Binary/Ternary Patterns. In: IPCV 2010, pp. 369–375 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Fiszelew, A., Britos, P., Ochoa, A., Merlino, H., Fernndez, E., Garca-Martnez, R.: Finding Optimal Neural Network Architecture Using Genetic Algorithms. Research in Computing Science 27, 15–24 (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Mansor, M.N., Yaacob, S., Nagarajan, R., Hariharan, M.: Coma Patients Expression Analysis under Different Lighting using k-NN and LDA. International Journal of Signal and Image Processing (IJSIP) 1(4), 249–254 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Mansor, M.N., Idris, A.B., Yaacob, S., Nagarajan, R., Hariharan, M.: Quantifying of Paraplegic Patient Facial Agitation based on Fuzzy k-NN. Journal of Computer Technology and Application (JCTA) 2(1), 24–28 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Mansor, M.N., Yaacob, S., Nagarajan, R., Hariharan, M.: Reckoning of Facial Grimacing Scheme for Patient Agitation in Critical Care. International Journal of Research and Reviews in Artificial Intelligence (IJRRAI) 1(1), 20–24 (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Satiyan, M., Nagarajan, R., Hariharan, M.: Recognition of Facial Expression using Haar Wavelet Transform. Transaction on International Journal of Electrical and Electronic Systems Research (IEESR) 3, 91–99 (2010)Google Scholar