Android, GIS and Web Base Project, Emergency Management System (EMS) Which Overcomes Quick Emergency Response Challenges
The golden time and measure of agility during the emergency is that hour when the incident has occurred. Recovery and response should be served promptly to minimize the risk of losing life and property. Therefore this paper examines(analyze) and determines(clarifies) the concurrent(real time) application of Android, GIS, and web base system that is focusing on those exceptional areas where the emergency system is not very much efficient or is not very much agile (effective). Most emergency situation occurs due to fire, road accidents or natural disasters, this paper analyzes GIS data of transport systems, incident location, hospitals, ambulance and observing teams, police, fire brigades etc, spatial data analysis can also done for past incident scrutiny (analysis) by using ArcGIS server manager at the backend designed by all the basic map interaction WCF services in ASP.NET which can be able to respond on all sort of needs required by the responder by using his/her smart android phone.
KeywordsAndroid GIS WCF Restful Services
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tiana, H., Liu, Z., Zhang, J., Luo, C., Liu, B.: Design and development of emergency response geographic information platform based on web serviceGoogle Scholar
- 2.Zerger, A., Smith, D.I.: Impediments to using GIS for real-time disaster decision support (Centre for GIS and Modelling, Department of Geomatics, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia), Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies, Australian National University, Canberra 0200, AustraliaGoogle Scholar
- 3.Ganesh Kumar, B., Ramesh, D.: Emergency Response Management and Information System (ERMIS) – A GIS based software to resolve the emergency recovery challenges in Madurai city (PSNA College of Engineering & Technology, Dindigul, and Tamilnadu, India)Google Scholar
- 4.Zlatanova, S., Holweg, D.: 1GISt, 3D GEO-Information in emergency response: A framework (Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands, 2Fraunhofer IGD, Darmstadt, Germany)Google Scholar
- 5.GIS Technology for Disasters and Emergency Management. An ESRI White Paper (Russ Johnson Public Safety Industry Manager, ESRI) Google Scholar
- 6.ESRI White Paper. GIS for emergency management (July 1999), http://www.esri.com/library/whitepapers/pdfs/emermgmt.pdf
- 7.How smartphone and tablet technologies enhance emergency mass notification systems, http://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/24080
- 9.Coors, V., Flick, S.: Integrating Levels of Detail in a Web-based 3D-GIS. In: 6th ACM Symposium on Geographic Information Systems (ACM GIS 1998), Washington D.C., USA (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Zlatanova, S., van den Heuvel, F.: 3D GIS for outdoor AR applications. In: Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Mobile Multimedia Systems & Applications, Delft, The Netherlands, December 6, pp. 117–124 (2002) ISBN 90-9016467-7Google Scholar
- 11.Li, Q., Stankovic, J.A., Hanson, M., Barth, A., Lach, J.: Accurate, Fast Fall Detection Using Gyroscopes and Accelerometer-Derived Posture Information. University of VirginiaGoogle Scholar