An Electronic Learning System for Integrating Knowledge Management and Alumni Systems
Nowadays, most people worldwide accept the fact that knowledge is a very valuable asset for their success. Educational institutions such as universities, whose main objective is to educate students to gain more knowledge and skills for their careers as well as how to adapt and live in their community. Over the past decades, teaching and learning paradigms have rapidly changed from traditional styles to computer-based styles. Electronic learning (e-learning) has been recognized as an effective computer-based technology for knowledge management, life long learning, and distant learning. Although most universities have created electronic alumni networks and systems, those systems lack the concern of knowledge management. Therefore, in this paper, we propose an electronic learning system for integrating knowledge management and alumni systems.
KeywordsE-learning Knowledge management Alumni system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Carnes, W.B.: Knowledge mangement: a stste of the practice summary. In: IEEE 7th Human Factors Meeting, Scottsdale Arizona (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Debowski, S.: Knowledge Management. John Wiley & Sons Australia, Ltd. (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Harvard Medical Alumni Association, http://alumni.hms.harvard.edu/
- 18.Harvard Business School Alumni, http://www.alumni.hbs.edu/
- 19.MIT Alumni Association, http://alum.mit.edu/
- 20.University of Cambridge, UK., alumni relations office (CARO), http://my.alumni.cam.ac.uk/