Enabling a SAP ERP Based Standard Software Solution for BPM
Enabling a SAP ERP-based standard software solution for BPM-applications by providing BPM-services poses two main challenges. Firstly, the interface quality has to meet customers’ high expectations. Secondly, the time for designing the BPM-ready interfaces and for quality assurance is typically very limited.
In this paper we present an architectural approach with respect to software and system architecture, design methodology, organizational structures for governance and the impact of Scrum to accomplish a high achievement of objectives. The practical implementation of the approach has shown that the use of architecture and organizational means enables the creation of a large number of high quality services in limited time.
KeywordsBusiness process management systems BPM-enabling standard software solution Enterprise resource planning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kulkarni, N., Dwivedi, V.: The role of service granularity in a successful SOA realization. A case study. In: IEEE Congress on Services-Part I, pp. 423–430. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Reldin, P., Sundling, P.: Explaining SOA Service Granularity: How IT-strategy shapes services. PhD thesis, Linköping (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Steghuis, C.: Service granularity in SOA-projects: a trade-off analysis (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Shim, B., Choue, S., Kim, S., Park, S.: A design quality model for service-oriented architecture. In: 15th Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, APSEC 2008, pp. 403–410. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Sprott, D., Wilkes, L.: Understanding service-oriented architecture. The Architecture Journal 1(1), 10–17 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Zo, H., Nazareth, D.L., Jain, H.K.: End-to-end reliability of service oriented applications. Information Systems Frontiers, 1–16 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Matos, C., Heckel, R.: Migrating legacy systems to service-oriented architectures. Electronic Communications of the EASST 16 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Channabasavaiah, K., Holley, K., Tuggle, E.: Migrating to a service-oriented architecture. IBM DeveloperWorks 16 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Rohfleisch, F.: Geschäftsprozessorientierte Anforderungsanalyse. Edition Octopus. Monsenstein und Vannerdat (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Erl, T.: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA): Concepts, Technology, and Design. Prentice Hall International (2005)Google Scholar