Assisting the Machine Paradigms for Human-Machine Interaction in Single Cell Tracking
- 1.9k Downloads
Single cell tracking emerged as one of the fundamental experimental techniques over the past years in basic life science research. Though a large number of automated tracking methods has been introduced, they are still lacking the accuracy to reliably track complete cellular genealogies over many generations. Manual tracking on the other hand is tedious and slow. Semi-automated approaches to cell tracking are a good compromise to obtain comprehensive information in feasible amounts of time. In this work, we investigate the efficacy of different interaction paradigms for manual correction and processing of precomputed tracking results and present a respective tool that implements those strategies.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Eilken HM, Nishikawa SI, Schroeder T. Continuous single-cell imaging of blood generation from haemogenic endothelium. Nature. 2009;457(7231):896–900.Google Scholar
- Rieger MA, Hoppe PS, Smejkal BM, et al. Hematopoietic cytokines can instruct lineage choice. Science (New York). 2009;325(5937):217–8.Google Scholar
- Schindelin J, Arganda-Carreras I, Frise E, et al. Fiji: an open-source platform for biological-image analysis. Nat Methods. 2012;9(7):676–82.Google Scholar
- Schneider CA, Rasband WS, Eliceiri KW. NIH image to ImageJ: 25 years of image analysis. Nat Methods. 2012; p. 671–5.Google Scholar
- Schroeder T. Long-term single-cell imaging of mammalian stem cells. Nat Methods. 2011;8(4 s):S30–5.Google Scholar
- de Chaumont F, Dallongeville S, Chenouard N, et al. Icy: an open bioimage informatics platform for extended reproducible research. Nat Methods. 2012;9(7):690–6.Google Scholar
- Klein J, Leupold S, Biegler I, et al. TLM-Tracker: software for cell segmentation, tracking and lineage analysis in time-lapse microscopy movies. Bioinformatics. 2012;28(17):2276–7.Google Scholar
- Rapoport DH, Becker T, Madany Mamlouk A, et al. A novel validation algorithm allows for automated cell tracking and the extraction of biologically meaningful parameters. PLoS ONE. 2011;6(11):e27315.Google Scholar
- Burek P, Herre H, Roeder I, et al. Towards a cellular genealogy ontology. IMISE Reports. 2010;2:59–63.Google Scholar
- Poli R, Healy M, Kameas A, editors. Theory and Applications of Ontology: Computer Applications. Dordrecht: Springer Netherlands; 2010.Google Scholar