Sliding Mode Control with Self-Turning Law for Uncertain Nonlinear Systems with Time-Delay and External Disturbances
This study proposes a novel sliding mode control with self-turning law for nonlinear systems with time-delay and external disturbances possessing uncertain parameters. The adjustable control gain and a bipolar sigmoid function are online tuned to force the tracking error to approach zero. The proposed control scheme provides good transient and steady-state performance. Moreover as the proposed controller, the chatting phenomenon can be avoided and the problem of time-delay and external disturbances are solved for a class of nonlinear systems. The closed-loop control system stability is proved to use the Lyapunov method. Steady-state system performance and chattering are considerably improved. Numerical simulation results are given to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed procedure.
KeywordsSliding mode control Adaptive control Lyapunov method Boundary layer
This chapter was supported by the Education Department fund of Hebei Province (Z2010136), and the Natural Science fund of Hebei Province (F2012208075).
- 10.Qian DW, Liu XJ (2012) Adaptive hierarchical sliding mode control for ball-beam system. Int J Model Ident Control 4(5/6):205–211Google Scholar
- 13.Seyed MRR (2012) Control of PEM fuel cell system via higher order sliding mode control. Int J Model Ident Control 6(3/4):310–329Google Scholar
- 15.Roopaei M, Balas VE (2009) Adaptive gain sliding mode control in uncertain MIMO systems. Soft Computing Applications, SOFA ’09.3rd International Workshop on, pp. 77–82Google Scholar
- 16.Nestor R, Enric FC (2013) A sliding mode controlled three wheeled narrow vehicle. Int J Veh Des 62(2–4):123–146Google Scholar
- 18.Wu XL, Zhang, JH, Zhu QM (2010) A generalized procedure in designing recurrent neural network identification and control of time-varying-delayed nonlinear dynamic systems. Neurocomputing 73(7–9):1376–1383 (SCI)Google Scholar
- 19.Zhen R, Wu XL, Zhang JH (2010) Sliding model synchronization controller design for chaotic neural network with time-varying delay. Intelligent Control And Automation (WCICA), 2010 8th World Congress on, pp. 3914–3919Google Scholar
- 20.Zhang JH, Zhu QM, Wu XL, Li Y (2013) A generalized indirect adaptive neural networks backstepping control procedure for a class of non-affine nonlinear systems with pure-feedback prototype. Neurocomputing Available Online. Accessed 24 May 2013Google Scholar