Queuing Buffer Method for Enhancing Reliability of Capturing Application
The RFID systems used in industries have several problems. When a massive number of RFID events are generated, bottlenecks cause data losses, and duplicated event data cause a decrease in reliability. In this paper, we propose a Queuing Buffer Method that can generate efficient and reliable Event Data to solve these problems. This Queuing Buffer Method temporarily stores the EPC data generated in real time to prevent data losses by bottlenecks and remove unnecessary duplicated Event Data. This method can be applied to various middleware and application systems in RFID environments to obtain reliable Event Data.
KeywordsRFID EPC network Capturing application Queuing buffer
This work was supported by u-Food System Development Project of the Korea Food Research Institute.
- Lewis S (2004) A basic introduction to RFID technology and its use in the supply chain, Laran RFID, White paperGoogle Scholar
- EPCglobal (2007a) Electronic Product Code (EPC): An Overview http://www.idii.com/wp/LaranRFID.pdf
- EPCglobal (2007b) EPC information services (EPCIS) version 1.0.1 specificationGoogle Scholar
- EPCglobal (2009a) The EPCglobal architecture framework version 1.3Google Scholar
- EPCglobal (2009b) Application level events (ALE) specification, version 1.1.1Google Scholar
- Juels A (2006) RFID security and privacy: a research survey. IEEE J Sel Areas Commun [0733-8716] 24:381Google Scholar
- H.K. launches RFID supply chain project (2005)http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/1630/1/1
- Park S, Kim D, Yeom K et al (2010) The method of effective obtaining distributed information in EPC network environment. J Korean Inst Next Gener Comput August 4Google Scholar
- Retailer RFID spending projected to research (2005) http://www.techweb.com/wire/172303296
- Walmart (2005) Supplier information: radio frequency identification uaege http://www.walmartstore.com