A Low-Complexity Vector Perturbation Precoding Approach Based on Reactive Tabu Search for Large Multiuser MIMO Systems
In this paper, we proposed a vector perturbation precoding approach based on reactive tabu search (RTS) for large multiuser MIMO (MU-MIMO) systems, where ‘large’ means tens to hundreds of transmit antennas (N t ) at base station simultaneously serving almost the same number of user terminals (UTs) (N u ). By exploiting RTS, contrast to the conventional algorithm, the proposed approach can efficiently escape from poor local minima and has the relatively low complexity. Additionally, for the error bit rate (BER), this proposed approach also has the diversity increasing with N t and N u , thus making it suitable for large MU-MIMO systems both in terms of complexity and performance.
KeywordsVector Perturbation Precoding Low-complexity Reactive Tabu Search Large Multiuser MIMO
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ngo, H.Q., Larsson, E.G., Marzetta, T.L.: Energy and spectral efficiency of very large multiuser MIMO systems. arXiv: 1112.3810 (December 2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Rusek, F., Persson, D., Lau, B.K., Larsson, E.G., Marzetta, T.L., Edfors, O., Tufvesson, F.: Scaling up MIMO: opportunities and challenges with very large arrays. arXiv: 1201.3210 (January 2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Jalden, J., Ottersten, B.: An exponential lower bound on the expected complexity of sphere decoding 4, iv-393–iv-396 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Fischer, R.F.H., Windpassinger, C., Lampe, A., Huber, J.B.: Spacetime transmission using Tomlinson-Harashima precoding. In: ITG Fachbericht, pp. 139–148 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Seethaler, D., Matz, G.: Efficient vector perturbation in multi-antenna multi-user systems based on approximate integer relations. In: Proc. of the European Signal Proc. Conf (EUSIPCO), pp. 4–8 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Mohammed, S.K., Chockalingam, A., Sundar Rajan, B.: A Low-Complexity precoder for large multiuser MISO systems. In: Vehicular Technology Conference, VTC Spring 2008, pp. 797–801. IEEE (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Tulino, A.M., Verdăž, S.: Random matrix theory and wireless communications, vol. 1. Now Publishers Inc. (2004)Google Scholar