Cloud Computting: New Research Perspectives for Computers and Law
Cloud computing represents a new business paradigm whereby a series of computing resources are offered as a service, available on-demand, on a pay-per-use basis, over the Internet. In this paper, we propose a hypothesis of how Cloud computing can be described as a complex system and we describe the various risks and opportunities connected with the current implementation Cloud computing. We then present a preliminary model for the implementation an automated system of certification based upon the formalization of contractual rules and consumers’ preferences.
KeywordsCloud computing automated agents contractual negotiations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Daskalopulu, A., Sergot, M.J.: The representtaion of legal Contracts. AI & Society 11(1/2), 6–17Google Scholar
- ENISA report, on Cloud Computing: Benefits, risks and recommendations for information security, which identifies the main risks of Cloud Computing in terms of information security as being due to loss of governance and user lock-in; isolation failure and compliance risks; management interface compromise; improper data protection; incomplete or insecure data deletion; and malicious insiders (2009)Google Scholar
- Macias, M.: Using resource-level information into nonadditive negotiation models for cloud Market environments. In: 2010 IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), pp. 325–332 (2010)Google Scholar
- Mazzega, P., Bourcier, D., Bourgine, P., Nadah, N., Boulet, R.: A Complex-System Approach: Legal Knowledge, Ontology, Information and Networks. In: Sartor, G., Casanovas, P., Biasiotti, M., Fernández-Barrera, M. (eds.) Approaches to Legal Ontologies, Theories, Domains, Methodologies. Law, Governance and Technology Series, 1st edn., vol. 1, ch. 7, p. XIII, 279 p. Springer, HeidelbergGoogle Scholar
- Patel, P., Ranabahu, A., Sheth, A.: Service Level Agreement in Cloud Computing. In: Cloud Workshops at OOPSLA 2009 (2009)Google Scholar
- Renard, I., Rietsch, J.M.: Aide mémoire de droit à l’usage des responsables informatiques, Paris, Dunod (2012)Google Scholar