Transparent Neural Networks
We present the transparent neural networks, a graph-based computational model that was designed with the aim of facilitating human understanding. We also give an algorithm for developing such networks automatically by interacting with the environment. This is done by adding and removing structures for spatial and temporal memory. Thus we automatically obtain a monolithic computational model which integrates concept formation with deductive, inductive, and abductive reasoning.
Keywordstransparent neural networks developmental robotics concept formation deductive reasoning inductive reasoning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Weng, J., McClelland, J., Pentland, A., Sporns, O., Stockman, I., Sur, M., Thelen, E.: Artificial intelligence. Autonomous mental development by robots and animals. Science (291), 599–600 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Zlatev, J., Balkenius, C.: Introduction: Why epigenetic robotics? In: Balkenius, C., Zlatev, J., Kozima, H., Dautenhahn, K., Breazeal, C. (eds.) Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Epigenetic Robotics: Modeling Cognitive Development in Robotic Systems. Lund University Cognitive Studies, vol. 85, pp. 1–4 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Harrison, J.: Handbook of practical logic and automated reasoning. Cambridge University Press (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Rumelhart, D., McClelland, J.: Parallel distributed processing: Psychological and biological models, vol. 2. The MIT Press (1986)Google Scholar
- 7.Pearl, J.: Probabilistic reasoning in intelligent systems: networks of plausible inference. Morgan Kaufmann (1988)Google Scholar
- 8.Russell, S., Norvig, P.: Artificial intelligence: a modern approach. Prentice-Hall (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Gärdenfors, P.: Conceptual spaces. MIT Press (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Strannegård, C., Amirghasemi, M., Ulfsbäcker, S.: An anthropomorphic method for number sequence problems. Cognitive Systems Research (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Baars, B., Gage, N.: Cognition, brain, and consciousness: Introduction to cognitive neuroscience. Academic Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.Olier, J.S.: Transparent neural networks, an implementation. Master’s thesis, Chalmers University of Technology (2012)Google Scholar