Research on Vocabulary Learning Strategy Training on Top-Level Students of Non-English Majors
This paper reports a research on the effects of cognitive and met cognitive strategy training on vocabulary learning in a top-level-student of English classroom of Shandong University of Technology. The main result obtained from the research is that the vocabulary performance improvement of top-level students is contributed to both cognitive and met cognitive strategies training.
KeywordsTop-level students Cognitive and met cognitive strategy Strategy training effects
- 1.Bachman (1990) Fundamental considerations in language testing, vol. 1. Oxford University Press pp 256–263Google Scholar
- 3.Chamot A (1994) Language learner and learning strategies. In: Ellis NC (ed) Implicit and explicit learning of languages. Academic 1:371–392Google Scholar
- 4.Cohen (2000) Strategies in learning and using a second language. Foreign Lang Teach Res Press 25:146–158Google Scholar
- 7.Chamot et al (1985) Learning strategies applications with students of English as a second language. TESOL Q 19:285–296Google Scholar
- 8.Oxford RL (1996) Employing a questionnaire to assess the use of language learning strategies. Appl Lang Learn 7(1):25–45Google Scholar