A Collaborative Filter Approach to Adaptive Noise Cancellation
In this paper we propose a filter combination for the adaptive noise cancellation (ANC) problem in nonlinear environment. The architecture consists in a convex combination of two adaptive filters: a classical filter and a nonlinear filter based on Functional Links. While the convergence of the linear filter is very fast, the convergence of the nonlinear one might be slower, even if it provides a more accurate solution. The convex combination of both filters allows to reach good performances in terms of convergence and speed. In addition a variable step size is used in order to obtain better performance. Several experimental results, in different reverberant conditions, demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed approach.
KeywordsNoise Cancellation Adaptive Filters Functional Link Network Convex Combination Variable Stepsize
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Comminiello, D., Scarpiniti, M., Parisi, R., Uncini, A.: A functional link based nonlinear echo canceller exploiting sparsity. In: Proc. of International Workshop on Acoustic Echo and Noise Control (IWAENC 2010), Tel Aviv, Israel, August 30-September 2 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Comminiello, D., Azpicueta-Ruiz, L.A., Scarpiniti, M., Uncini, A., Arenas-García, J.: Functional link based architectures for nonlinear acoustic echo cancellation. In: Proc. of Hands-free Speech Communication and Microphone Arrays (HSCMA 2011), Edinburgh, UK, May 30-June 1, pp. 180–184 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Pao, Y.H.: Adaptive Pattern Recognition and Neural Networks. Addison-Wesley (1989)Google Scholar
- 11.Haykin, S.: Adaptive Filter Theory, 4th edn. Prentice-Hall (2001)Google Scholar
- 14.Campbell, D., Palomaki, K., Brown, G.: A Matlab simulation of shoebox room acoustics for use in research and teaching. Computing and Information Systems 9(3), 48 (2005)Google Scholar