Game Theoretical Cooperative Resource Allocation for Broadcasting in Cognitive Radio Networks
Cognitive radio (CR) network is proposed to solve the utilization of radio spectrum resource. Spectrum trading has been an interesting topic in CR networks. In this paper, we formulate the problem as a game between multiple primary users (PUs) and multiple secondary users (SUs). We model the dynamic behavior of SUs using the theory of evolutionary game and the competition among PUs using a non-cooperative game. An evolution algorithm is presented to achieve the evolutionary equilibrium for a SU. For a PU, an iterative algorithm for strategy adaption to achieve Nash equilibrium is presented. We also introduce the idea of giving discount to the SUs which can provide help for the PU in broadcasting information. The numerical results show that our proposed model can achieve the optimal equilibrium point and the payoffs of both PUs and SUs are higher than those in the ordinary pricing-based game.
KeywordsCR networks Non-cooperative game Evolutionary game Nash equilibrium Evolutionary equilibrium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Niyato, D., Hossain, E.: Optimal Price Compettion for Spectrum Sharing in Cognitive Radio: A Dynamic Game-Theoretic Approach. In: IEEE GLOBECOM, pp. 4625–4629 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Song, Q., Zhuang, J., Zhang, L.: Evolution Game Based Spectrum Allocation in Cognitive Radio Networks. In: EEE WiCOM, pp. 1–4 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, H., Gao, L., Gan, X., Wang, X., Hossain, E.: Cooperative Spectrum Sharing in Cognitive Radio Networks: A Game-Theoretic Approach. In: IEEE ICC, pp. 1–5 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Wu, Z., Cheng, P., Wang, X., Gan, X., Yu, H., Wang, H.: Cooperative Spectrum Allocation for Cognitive radio Network: An Evolutionary Approach. In: IEEE ICC, pp. 1–5 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Jia, Y., Zhang, Z., Tan, X.: Spectrum Sharing Based on Duopoly Model in Cognitive Radio Networks. In: IEEE IMCCC, pp. 763–766 (2011)Google Scholar