Hierarchical Deficit Round-Robin Packet Scheduling Algorithm
In the paper, we propose Hierarchical Deficit Round-Robin (HDRR) packet scheduling algorithm for multiple classes of service to pro-vide a fair share of residual bandwidth with lower computation complexity. We design HDRR based on the Deficit Round-Robin packet scheduling algorithm, and can distribute bandwidth in proportion to weights of flows sharing the bandwidth, and share the unused bandwidth to backlogged flows according to the hierarchical architecture. In order to realize the performance differences between the proposed scheduling algorithm and the other related scheduling algorithms, we implement the pro-posed scheduling algorithm in our simulation. The simulation results show that the proposed algorithm provides well QoS guarantees while fully utilizing the system bandwidth and low computation complexity.
KeywordsHierarchical Packet Scheduling QoS differentiated service resource management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Braden, R., Clark, D., Shenker, S.: Integrated Services in the Internet Architecture: An Overview, RFC 1633 (July 1994)Google Scholar
- 2.Blake, S., Black, D., Carlson, M., Davies, E., Wang, Z., Weiss, W.: An Architecture for Differentiated Services, RFC 2475 (December 1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Golestani, S.J.: A self-clocked fair queuing scheme for broadband applications. In: IEEE INFOCOM 1994, pp. 636–646 (April 1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Bennett, R., Zhang, H.: WF2Q: Worst-case fair weighted fair queueing. In: Proc. IEEE INFOCOM 1996, pp. 120–128 (March 1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Goyal, P., Vin, H.M., Chen, H.: Start-time fair queuing: A scheduling algorithm for integrated service. In: Proc. ACM-SIGCOMM 1996, pp. 157–168 (August 1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Parulkar, G., Adiseshu, H., Varghese, G.: A reliable and scalable striping protocol. In: ACM SIGCOMM, pp. 131–141 (August 1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Wu, C.-C., Moh, C., Wu, H.-M., Tsaur, D.-J., Lin, W.: Efficient and Fair Hierarchical Packet Scheduling Using Dynamic Deficit Round Robin. GESTS International Transactions on Computer Science and Engineering 21(1), 85–96 (2005) ISSN:1738-6438Google Scholar
- 11.Back, D.-S., Pyun, K., Lee, S.-M., Cho, J., Kim, N.: A Hierarchical Deficit Round-Robin Scheduling Algorithm for a High Level of Fair Service. In: International Symposium on Information Technology Convergence, pp. 115–119 (November 2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Yu, H., Van, Y., Berger, M.S.: Topology-based Hierarchical Scheduling Using Deficit Round Robin: Flow Protection and Isolation for Triple Play Service. In: First International Conference on Future Information Networks, pp. 269–274 (October 2009)Google Scholar