IP Address Exchanging Scheme for Vehicle Ad Hoc Networks
In vehicle ad hoc networks (VANET), vehicles require to process a unique IP address to access the Internet. While the number of vehicles across the different service areas is increased, the time and loading for IP addressing are increased. Moreover, the conflict of IP addressing or the invalid IP address is also increased. Therefore, an IP address exchanging scheme (IPAES) in VANET is proposed in this paper. In IPAES, it passes its IP address to another vehicle and receives a new IP address by another vehicle directly. Hence, IPAES could reduce the time and loading of IP addressing. Simulation results showed that IPAES had less time and loading of IP addressing. The time and loading of IP addressing do not increased once the number of service areas or number of vehicles is increased. Moreover, the time and loading of IP addressing are decreased while the moving speed of vehicles is increased.
KeywordsVehicle ad hoc networks IP addressing IP address exchanging Service Area Moving Speed
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Chen, Y.-S., Cheng, C.-H., Hsu, C.-S., Chiu, G.-M.: Network Mobility Protocol for Vehicular Ad hoc Networks. In: IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communications and Networking, pp. 1–6. IEEE Press, Budapest (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Perkins, C.E., Royer, E.M.: Ad Hoc on Demand Distance Vector Routing. In: IEEE International Symposium on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, pp. 90–100. IEEE Press, LA (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Mohsin, M., Prakash, R.: IP Address Assignment in a Mobile Ad hoc Network. In: IEEE International Symposium on Military Communications, pp. 856–861. IEEE Press, California (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Bugti, S.A., Xia, C., Li, W., Hussain, E.: Cluster based Addressing Scheme in VANET. In: IEEE International Symposium on Communication Software and Networks, pp. 450–454. IEEE Press, Xian (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Chao, S.-J., Zhang, J.-M., Tuan, C.-C.: Hierarchical IP Distribution Mechanism for VANET. In: IEEE Symposium on Ubiquitous and Future Networks, pp. 349–354. IEEE Press, Jejuis land (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Rooney, T.: IP Address Allocation. Wiley-IEEE Press, NJ (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Mohandas, B.K., Liscano, R.: IP Address Configuration in VANET Using Centralized DHCP. In: IEEE International Symposium on Local Computer Networks, pp. 608–613. IEEE Press, Montreal (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.OMNeT++ Network Simulation Framework, http://www.omnet.org