Diagnosable Evaluation of Enhanced Optical Transpose Interconnection System Networks
The process of identifying faulty processors is called the diagnosis of the system. Several models of diagnosis have been proposed and the most popular one is the PMC (Preparata, Metze and Chen) diagnostic model proposed by Preparata et al. in 1967. The precise strategy is correctly to identify all faulty processors and the pessimistic strategy is to isolate all faulty processors within a set containing one fault-free processor at most. For a multiprocessor system, its diagnosability is critical to measure the performance. The enhanced optical transpose interconnection system, enhanced OTIS, network has important applications in parallel processing. In this network architecture, n 2 processors are divided n groups where there are n processors, and processors in the same group are connected by electronic links, simultaneously, these groups are connected by optical links. In particular, an enhanced OTIS network is regular if its base graph G is regular. In this paper, we discuss the fault diagnosis issue of the enhanced OTIS network including precise strategy and pessimistic strategy under the PMC diagnostic model.
KeywordsInterconnection network Reliability System-level diagnosis Pessimistic strategy enhanced OTIS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chwa, K.Y., Hakimi, S.L.: On fault identification in diagnosable systems. IEEE Transaction Computers C-30, 414–422 (1981)Google Scholar
- 3.Das, R.K.: Diameter and routing in enhanced OTIS cube. In: International Conference on Computing: Theory and Applications, pp. 188–192 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Kavianpour, A., Friedman, A.D.: Efficient design of easily diagnosable system. In: Proceedings of IEEE Computer Society’s 3rd USA-Japan Computer Conference (1978)Google Scholar
- 9.Maeng, J., Malek, M.: A comparison connection assignment for self-diagnosis of multiprocessors systems. In: Proc. 11th Intl Symp. Fault-Tolerant Computing, pp. 173–175 (1981)Google Scholar
- 13.Peng, S.L., Lin, C.K., Tan, J.J.M., Hsu, L.H.: The g-good-neighbor conditional diagnosability of hypercube under PMC model. Applied Mathematics and Computation 218, 10406–10412 (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Tsai, C.H.: A quick pessimistic diagnosis algorithm for hypercube-like multiprocessor systems under the PMC model. IEEE Transactions on Computers, http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/TC.2011.228