Numerical Simulation Method for Surrounding Rock Stability Analysis of Surge Chamber Under Seismic Conditions
Underground engineering has broad prospects for development, but its surrounding rock stability is related to the project construction security as well as operation security. In this paper, quasi-static method is adopted, and based on the surge chamber at the Liuping Hydropower Station, the overall three-dimensional model is established to analyze the surrounding rock stability of surge chamber in complex geological areas under seismic conditions. The compute results show that the overall stability of the surge chamber surrounding rock and the lining structure is good, but the safety factor near the left side wall and right spandrel is small. So, it is necessary to take the key reinforcement measure and pay the key attention in the construction.
KeywordsNumerical simulation Surge chamber Stability Surrounding rock Seismic
- 2.Li HB, Jiang HJ, Zhao J et al (2003) Some problems about safety analysis of rock engineering under dynamic load. Chin J Rock Mech Eng 22:1887–1891Google Scholar
- 4.Li HB, Xiao KQ, Liu YQ (2007) Factor of safety analysis of bedding rock slope under seismic load. Chin J Rock Mech Eng 26:2385–2394Google Scholar
- 5.Kuhlemeyer RL, Lysmer J (1973) Finite element method accuracy for wave propagation problems. J Soil Mech Found Div 99:421–427Google Scholar
- 6.Itasca Consulting Group Inc (1997) FLAC 3D (fast Lagrangian analysis of continua in 3 dimensions) users manual (Ver 2.00), Minneapolis 2:132–213, USAGoogle Scholar
- 7.Zhou JW, Xu WY, Tong FG et al (2007) Back analysis for the diversion tunnel no. 2 of Nuozhadu Hydropower Station by use of 3D nonlinear finite element method. Chin J Geotech Eng 29:1527–1535Google Scholar