Research on the Lossless Image Compression Algorithm Based on Linux Embedded System
Based on the ARM Linux operating system, this chapter studied the technology of image capturing and compression. It makes the JPG image have lossless compression, so it can reduce the transmission of data traffic and increases the channel utilization. Its concrete realization process is that to first extract useful coding information from the image, and then remove the redundant coding information. In this way, the system could increase the channel capacity and improve the information transferring rate.
KeywordsARM Linux Information processing Image compression Lossless compression
The work was supported by the “Twelfth Five-Year Plan” science and technology research projects of the Education Department of Jilin province, with the project number  438 and the name Research and implementation on general system platform of university excellent courses based on B/S model.
- 1.Liu J, Zhang C (2012) The standard introduction of JPEG2000 compression. J Guilin Aerosp Ind Coll 16(1):87–89 Google Scholar
- 2.Sun T, Yuan W, Zhang H (2009) Embedded design and Linux driver development guidelines, vol 17, issue no 6. Electronic Industry Press, Beijing, pp 377–381 Google Scholar
- 3.Song K, Yan L, Gan L (2009) Design and realization of embedded image processing system. Comput Eng Des 17(19):11–13Google Scholar
- 4.Gong S, Zhang X (2009) The image capture and decoding based on the ARM Linux. Comp Eng Des 17(6):21–25Google Scholar
- 5.Liu Z, Zhang Z, Xu Z (2004) Detailed application development Embedded Linux, vol 18, issue no 8. Mechanical Industry Press, Beijing, pp 323–325Google Scholar
- 6.Song K (2008) ARM Linux on S3C2410. Comp Eng Des 29(16):38–40Google Scholar
- 7.Ge J, Gao L, Lu J (2011) The application of electronic technology in LPR. Image Process Technol 18(1):18–22Google Scholar
- 8.Li A, Sun W (2009) The principle and the realization of automatic recognition of vehicle license. Jinling Inst Technol 17(2):20–25Google Scholar
- 9.Yu L (2009) The Hardware design based on the ARM embedded system: Hangzhou. Zhejiang Univ 25(4):169–172Google Scholar
- 10.Gao H (2010) The design and implementation of embedded file system: Hefei. Univ Electron Sci Technol China 32(5):13–19Google Scholar
- 11.Li G, Meng X (2000) Programmable ASIC design and application, vol 16, issue no 5. Electronic Science and Technology University Press, Chengdu, pp 443–445Google Scholar