VNA Time-Domain Technology Analysis Based on Virtual Instrument
In this paper, it focus on the need for setting up a virtual vector network analyzer (VNA), which only has frequency-domain measurement technology. The software model is presented and many simulations are performed within the Lab view software. Using the chirp-Z and inversing chirp-Z transform, after the window function and gating function processed it gets the frequency response, which removes what it does not want, such as impedance discontinuity. A very good agreement among the results of the proposed technique, results available in the literature , and experimental results is observed. At the end of the paper, the practical measurement results and late transform results are given. It easily proves that the results are closer to the true parameters of the Device under Test (DUT).
KeywordsChirp-Z transform Time-domain Virtual instrument Window function Gating function
- 1.HP 8510B Network analyzer system operating and programming manualGoogle Scholar
- 2.Lu K, Thomas J (1993) A systematic error analysis of HP8510 time-domain gating techniques with experimental verification. Idea Mitt-S Digest 2(1):1259–1262Google Scholar
- 3.Fricke A (1994) Using the inverse chirp-z transform for time domain analysis of simulated radar signals. Proceeding of the 5th international conference on signal processing applications and technology 3(6):1366–1371Google Scholar
- 4.Bozo DA, Poirier P, Decamps P, Hubert O (2006) Removing S-parameters on-wafer measurements parasitic elements using time domain gating: application to transmission lines. Proceedings of Asia-Pacific microwave conference 4(11):1741–1745Google Scholar
- 5.Graphical (2010) Scripting for NI lab view. Lab view developer 5(12):112–116Google Scholar