Software Effort Prediction Using Fuzzy Clustering and Functional Link Artificial Neural Networks
We use the combined fuzzy C-Means (FCM) clustering algorithm and functional link artificial neural networks (FLANN) to achieve accurate software effort prediction. FLANN is a computationally efficient nonlinear network and is capable for complex nonlinear mapping between its input and output pattern space. The nonlinearity is introduced into the FLANN by passing the input pattern through a functional expansion unit. The proposed method uses three real time datasets. The Chebyshev polynomial has been used as choice of expansion to exhaustively study the performance. The simulation results show that it not only deals efficiently with noisy data but also proves to be a champion in producing promising results.
KeywordsSoftware cost estimation Fuzzy C-Means K-Means FLANN
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Braga, P.L., Oliveira, A.L.I., Ribeiro, G.H.T., Meira, S.R.L.: Software effort estimation using machine learning techniques with robust confidence intervals. In: IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI) (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Foss, T., Stensrud, E., Kitchenham, B., Myrtveit, I.: A simulation study of the model evaluation criterion MMRE. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 29(11) (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Keung, J.W.: Theoretical Maximum Prediction Accuracy for Analogy-Based Software Cost Estimation. In: 15th Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, pp. 495–502 (2008), http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/lpdocsepic03/wrapper.htm?arnumber=4724583
- 8.Menzies, T.: The PROMISE Repository of Software Engineering Databases. School of Information Technology and Engineering, University of Ottawa, Canada (2006), http://promise.site.uottawa.ca/SERepository
- 10.McQueen, J.B.: Some methods of classification and analysis of multivariate observations. In: Proceedings of the Fifth Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, pp. 281–297 (1967)Google Scholar
- 14.Stensrud, E., Foss, T., Kitchenham, B.A., Myrtveit, I.: An empirical validation of the relationship between the magnitude of relative error and project size. In: Proceedings of the IEEE 8th Metrics Symposium, pp. 3–12 (2002)Google Scholar
- 15.Tirimula Rao, B., Sameet, B., Kiran Swathi, G., Vikram Gupta, K., Raviteja, C., Sumana, S.: A Novel Neural Network approach for Software Cost Estimation Using Functional Link Artificial Neural Networks. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS) 9(6), 126–131 (2009)Google Scholar