Two Stage Color Image Steganography Using DCT (TSCIS-DCT)
In frequency domain steganography, use of color images for secret data hiding may prove to be a decisive innovation. The proposed concept uses two color images for hiding a color/gray authenticating message/image. The mathematical technique of Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) is applied on each block of size 2x2 taken in row major order from three color planes (Red, Green & Blue) sequentially and from two carrier images alternatively. A single secret message/image bit is fabricated within the transformed real frequency component of each source image byte except the first frequency component of each mask. The first frequency component of each block is used for re-adjustment to maintain the quantum value positive, non-fractional in spatial domain and also to reduce the integrated noise due to embedding. The pseudorandom position of embedding and subsequent extraction is generated by a logical expression. Experimental results of this technique reveal more efficiency compared to other similar technique.
KeywordsImage Authentication Digital Watermarking Steganography DCT IDCT MSE PSNR IF SSIM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.EL-Emam, N.N.: Hiding a large Amount of data with High Security Using Steganography Algorithm. Journal of Computer Science 3(4), 223–232 (2007) ISSN 1549-3636Google Scholar
- 3.Amin, P., Lue, N., Subbalakshmi, K.: Statistically secure digital image data hiding. In: IEEE Multimedia Signal Processing MMSP 2005, Shanghai, China, pp. 1–4 (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Pavan, S., Gangadharpalli, S., Sridhar, V.: Multivariate entropy detector based hybrid image registration algorithm. In: IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, pp. 18–23 (March 2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Al-Hamami, A.H., Al-Ani, S.A.: A New Approach for Authentication Technique. Journal of Computer Science 1(1), 103–106 (2005) ISSN 1549-3636Google Scholar
- 7.Ahmidi, N., Safabkhsh, R.: A novel DCT-based approach for secure color image watermarking. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Information Technology: Coding and Computing, vol. 2, pp. 709–713 (April 2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Bas, P., Biham, N.L., Chassery, J.: Color watermarking using quaternion Fourier transformation. In: Proc. ICASSP, Hong Kong, China, pp. 521–524 (June 2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Ghoshal, N., Chowdhury, S., Mandal, J.K.: A Steganographic Scheme for Color Image Authentication using Z-Transform (SSCIAZ). In: Advances in Intelligent Soft Computing, vis INDIA 2012 (2012) ISSN:1867-5662Google Scholar
- 12.Ghoshal, N., Mandal, J.K.: Discrete Fourier Transform based Multimedia Colour Image Authentication for Wireless Communication (DFTMCIAWC). In: 2nd International Conference on Wireless Communications, Vehicular Technology, Information Theory and Aerospace &Electronics Systems Technology, Wireless Vitae 2011, Chennai, India (2011) ISBN: 978-1-4577-0787-2/11Google Scholar