Adaptive Steganography for Image Authentication Based on Chromatic Property (ASIACP)
This paper presents a new adaptive data hiding method in colour images using complement value (CV) of higher order three bits (b7, b6 and b5) of each colour image byte to achieve large embedding capacity and imperceptible stego-images. The technique exploits the complement value (CV) of each colour image byte to estimate the number of bits to be embedded into the image byte. Image bytes located in the edge areas are embedded by k-bit LSB substitution technique with a large value of k in deep colored area than that of the image bytes located in the light colored areas. The range of complement values is adaptively divided into lower level and higher level respectively. An image byte is embedded by the k-bit LSB substitution technique. The value of k is adaptive and is decided by the complement value. In order to keep the fidelity of the embedded image at the same level of the source image, a re-adjustment phase termed as handle is implemented. The experimental results obtained are compared with the existing studies of Wu et al’s and of Yang et al.’s LSB replacement method based on pixel-value differencing (PVD) in gray images. It proves that the proposed algorithm is capable to hide more volume of data while retaining better image quality.
KeywordsSteganography Complement Value (CV) colour image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amin, P., Lue, N., Subbalakshmi, K.: Statistically secure digital image data hiding. In: IEEE Multimedia Signal Processing, MMSP 2005, Shanghai, China, pp. 1–4 (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Al-Hamami, A.H., Al-Ani, S.A.: A New Approach for Authentication Technique. Journal of computer Science 1(1), 103–106 (2005) ISSN 1549-3636Google Scholar
- 3.Ghoshal, N., Mandal, J.K.: A Novel Technique for Image Authentication in Frequency Domain using Discrete Fourier Transformation Technique (IAFDDFTT). Malaysian Journal of Computer Science 21(1), 24–32 (2008) ISSN 0127-9094Google Scholar
- 4.Ghoshal, N., Sarkar, A., Chakraborty, D., Ghosh, S., Mandal, J.K.: Masking based Data Hiding and Image Authentication Technique (MDHIAT). In: Proceedings of 16th International Conference of IEEE on Advanced Computing and Communications, ADCOM 2008, December 14-17, pp. 119–122. Anna University, Chennai (2008) ISBN: 978-1-4244-2962-2, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=4760437&tag=1
- 5.Radhakrishnan, R., Kharrazi, M., Menon, N.: Data Masking: A new approach for steganography. Journal of VLSI Signal Processing 41, 293–303 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Pavan, S., Gangadharpalli, S., Sridhar, V.: Multivariate entropy detector based hybrid image registration algorithm. In: IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, pp. 18–23 (March 2005)Google Scholar
- 7.EL-Emam, N.N.: Hiding a large Amount of data with High Security Using Steganography Algorithm. Journal of Computer Science 3(4), 223–232 (2007) ISSN 1549-3636Google Scholar
- 12.Weber, A.G.: Theuscsipi image database. Signal and Image Processing Institute at the University of Southern California (October 1997), http://sipi.usc.edu/services/database/Database.html