DCT Based Image Authentication with Partial Noise Reduction (DCTIAPNR)
The concept, proposed here, may prove to be an innovative derivation in the field of frequency domain steganography for grayscale images. Sub image blocks, each of size 2x2 in row major order are taken from the carrier image and are passed through the process of Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) to obtain the corresponding frequency components. In the process of embedding a single bit of secret message/image is inserted into the real part of the frequency component of 2nd, 3rd & 4th carrier image bytes of each block. The level of data obscurity scales up due to the application of a self devised hash function. It generates pseudorandom positions which control embedding and extraction of secret bits in and from the frequency components. In addition an adjustment is made on each embedded frequency component to optimally reduce the noise effect due to embedding. The results after experimenting with the proposed technique prove statistically improved performance compared to other exiting techniques.
KeywordsImage Authentication Steganography DCT IDCT MSE PSNR IF SSIM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Radhakrishnan, R., Kharrazi, M., Menon, N.: Data Masking: A new approach for steganography. Journal of VLSI Signal Processing 41, 293–303 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.EL-Emam, N.N.: Hiding a large Amount of data with High Security Using Steganography Algorithm. Journal of Computer Science 3(4), 223–232 (2007) ISSN 1549-3636Google Scholar
- 3.Amin, P., Lue, N., Subbalakshmi, K.: Statistically secure digital image data hiding. In: IEEE Multimedia Signal Processing, MMSP 2005, Shanghai, China, pp. 1–4 (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Pavan, S., Gangadharpalli, S., Sridhar, V.: Multivariate entropy detector based hybrid image registration algorithm. In: IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, pp. 18–23 (March 2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Al-Hamami, A.H., Al-Ani, S.A.: A New Approach for Authentication Technique. Journal of computer Science 1(1), 103–106 (2005) ISSN 1549-3636Google Scholar
- 9.Ahmidi, N., Safabkhsh, R.: A novel DCT-based approach for secure color image watermarking. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Information Technology: Coding and Computing, vol. 2, pp. 709–713 (April 2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Bas, P., Biham, N.L., Chassery, J.: Color watermarking using quaternion Fourier transformation. In: Proc. ICASSP, Hong Kong, China, pp. 521–524 (June 2003)Google Scholar