Fuzzy PI Controller with Dynamic Set Point Weighting
Fuzzy PI controllers usually fail to provide satisfactory performance for high-order as well as integrating processes with dead time. To lower the overshoot during set point response fixed set point weighting technique is used. But, for achieving improved responses during set point change as well as load variation simultaneously, here, dynamic set point weighting technique is proposed for fuzzy PI controller. Significant performance enhancement is found for second and third-order processes with dead time compared to conventional fuzzy PI controller. Adequate robustness of the proposed controller is also observed against the variation in process dead time.
KeywordsFuzzy PI control fixed set point weighting dynamic set point weighting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sugeno, M.: Industrial Applications of Fuzzy Control. Elsevier, Netherlands (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.Pal, A.K., Mudi, R.K.: Self-tuning fuzzy PI controller and its application on HVAC systems. Int. J. Comp. Cogn. 6(1), 25–30 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Chopra, S., Mitra, R., Kumar, V.: Auto tuning of fuzzy PI controller using fuzzy logic. Int. J. Comp. Cogn. 6(1), 12–18 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Palm, R.: Sliding mode fuzzy control. In: Int. Conf Fuzz IEEE-1992, SanDiego, pp. 519–526 (1992)Google Scholar
- 9.Dey, C., Mudi, R.K.: Design of a PI-type fuzzy controller with on-line membership function tuning. In: 12th Int. Conf. Neural Information Processing ICONIP-2005, Taipei (2005)Google Scholar
- 17.Dey, C., Mudi, R.K., Lee, T.T.: Dynamic set-point weighted PID controller. Cont. Int. Sys. 37(4), 212–219 (2010)Google Scholar
- 18.Seborg, D.E., Edgar, T.F., Mellichamp, D.A.: Process dynamics and control. Wiley, New York (2004)Google Scholar