Lossless Audio Steganography in Spatial Domain (LASSD)
In our proposed work we put an effort to make the technique of standard Least Significant Bit (LSB) coding more secured to embed secret information within an audio file. The prime focus here is to transmit any secret message using an audio signal which can only be retrieved by the intended recipient, while keeping the original characteristics of the carrier audio signal unaltered. In order to achieve the objective, a hash function has been devised to generate pseudorandom positions for insertion and extraction of the secret data bits. In the process of embedding sample amplitude values are read from the source audio and secret data bits are embedded in each of the sample values sequentially at pseudorandom positions. In the process of extraction the reverse technique is applied. Experimental results, both objective and subjective, reveal enhanced performance in terms of imperceptibility and security of the proposed technique.
KeywordsAudio Steganography Hash Function HAS MSE SNR PSNR MOS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bhattacharyya, S., Sanyal, G.: Audio Steganalysis of LSB Audio Using Moments And Multiple Regression Model. International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, IJAET 3(1), 145–160 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Djebbar, F., Ayad, B., Abed-Meraim, K., Hamam, H.: A view on latest audio steganography. In: 7th IEEE Internationl Conference on Innovations in Information Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Zamani, M., Ahmad, R.B., Manaf, A.B.A., Zeki, A.M.: An Approach to Improve the Robustness of Substitution Techniques of Audio Steganography. In: Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology, ICCSIT, pp. 5–9 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Kekre, H.B., Archana, A.A.: Information hiding using LSB technique with increased capacity. International Journal of Cryptography and Security 1(2) (October 2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Bandyopadhyay, S.K., Bhattacharyya, D., Ganguly, D., Mukherjee, S., Das, P.: A Tutorial Review on Steganography, http://www.jiit.ac.in/jiit/ic3/IC3_2008/IC3-2008/APP2_21.pdf
- 7.Sridevi, R., Damodaram, A., Narasimham, S.V.L.: Efficient Method of Audio Steganography By Modified LSB Algorithm And Strong Encryption Key With Enhanced Security. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Cvejic, N., Seppanen, T.: Increasing Robustness of LSB Audio Steganography using a novel embedding method. Proc. IEEE Int. Conf Info. Tech.: Coding and Computing 2, 533–537 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Bandyopadhyay, S.K., Datta, B.: Higher LSB Layer Based Audio Steganography Technique. International Journal of Electronics & Communication Technology 2(4) (October -December 2011) ISSN: 2230-7109, ISSN: 2230-9543Google Scholar
- 11.Cvejic, N., Seppänen, T.: Reduced distortion bit-modification for LSB audio steganography. In: ICSP Proceedings. IEEE (2004)Google Scholar