A Novel Approach to Find an Optimal Path in MANET Using Reverse Reactive Routing Algorithm
In Mobile Ad hoc Network, reactive protocols don’t preserve routing information at the network node level, if there is no communication between the nodes. Reactive protocol determines a route to a specific destination when a particular packet is intends to send. We proposed a reverse reactive routing based route discovery approach, which is used to find an optimal route to the destination with lower overhead than flooding based reverse route discovery. Here we showed how the reverse reactive routing protocol performs to find an optimal path. The optimal path is obtained through three steps, which is reverse route calculation in route request (RREQ), reverse route calculation in route reply (RREP) and reverse route calculation in route error (RERR). Experiments have been carried out using network simulator (NS2) and the obtained results are performed better than reactive routing protocol (AODV).
KeywordsMobile Ad-Hoc Networks Reactive Routing Protocol NS2 Route Discovery RAODV
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Li, J., Kameda, H., Li, K.: Optimal Dynamic Mobility Management for PCS Networks. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 8(3) (June 2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Carofiglio, G., Chiasserini, C.-F., Garetto, M., Leonardi, E.: Route stability in MANETs under the Random Direction Mobility Model. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 8(9) (September 2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Perkins, C., Belding-Royer, E., Das, S.: Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing (February 2003), http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draftietf-manet-aodv-13.txt
- 4.Basagni, S., Chlamtac, I., Syrotiuk, V.R., Woodward, B.A.: A distance routing effect algorithm for mobility (dream). In: Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM 1998), pp. 76–84 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Khan, J., Hyder, S.I., Fakar, S.M.: Modeling and simulation of dynamic intermediate nodes nnd performance analysis in MANETS reactive routing protocols. International Journal of Grid and Distributed Computing 4(1) (March 2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Barakovic, S., Kasapovic, S., Barakovic, J.: Comparison of MANET routing protocols in different traffic and mobility models. Telfor Journal 2(1) (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Akshatha, P.S., Khurana, N., Rathi, A.: Optimal Path For Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks Using Reactive Routing Protocol. International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, IJAET (2011) ISSN: 2231-1963Google Scholar
- 8.Kaur, S.: Performance Comparison of DSR and AODV Routing Protocols with Efficient Mobility Model in Mobile Ad-Hoc Network. IJCST 2(2) (June 2011)Google Scholar
- 9.NS-2, The ns Manual (formally known as NS Documentation) http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc