Steganography Based Visual Cryptography (SBVC)
A digital signature performs the function of conventional handwritten signatures for authentication of documents, data integrity and non-repudiation. Most of the conventional digital signature schemes are based on complex mathematical computations to generate the keys and verify signatures. In late nineteen century comparatively less computation based scheme known as visual cryptography (VC) is introduced. VC has high security and requires comparatively less complex computations. In this paper, we consider a new digital signature scheme, based on the concept of Visual Secret Sharing associated to XOR-based non-expansion visual cryptography systems. Our proposed scheme is towards enhancement of security of born digital and digitized document by generating visual shares and embedding them within a cover image using steganographic techniques rather than complicated mathematical computations. The proposed scheme could be applied for ownership protection, copy control, authentication of digital media etc.
KeywordsVC Steganography MSE PSNR IF RSA DS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Radhakrishnan, R., Kharrazi, M., Menon, N.: Data Masking: A new approach for steganography. Journal of VLSI Signal Processing 41, 293–303 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Amin, P., Lue, N., Subbalakshmi, K.: Statistically secure digital image data hiding. In: IEEE Multimedia Signal Processing MMSP 2005, Shanghai, China (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Pavan, S., Gangadharpalli, S., Sridhar, V.: Multivariate entropy detector based hybrid image registration algorithm. In: IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, pp. 18–23 (March 2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Alia, M., Samsudin, A.: A new Digital Signature Scheme Based on Mandelbrot and Julia Fract Seta. Americal Journal of Applied Science, AJAS 4(11), 850–858 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Al-Hamami, A.H., Al-Ani, S.A.: A New Approach for Authentication Technique. Journal of Computer Science 1(1), 103–106 (2005) ISSN 1549-3636Google Scholar
- 11.Rijmen, V., Preneel, B.: Efficient colour visual encryption for shared colors of Benetton. In: Eurocrypto 1996, Rump Session, Berlin (1996)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, H., Wang, X., Cao, W., Huang, Y.: Visual Cryptographic for General Access Structure by Multi-pixel Encoding with Variable Block Size. In: International Symposium on Knowledge Acquisition and Modeling (2008)Google Scholar