ANN and Data Mining Approaches to Select Student Category in ITS
Data mining Methods have widely used to classification and categorization problems. It requires the categorization of the student on the basics of their performance. In this work an application of the data mining technique such as: Decision Tree (DT), Classification and Regression Trees (C&RT algorithm) have been used in the data set for the categorizing the student as high, medium and low. It’s important to use (ANN) because this is a method by which students are categorized through cognitive input and behavioral input. We have used a data mining method Classification and Regression Trees (C&RT) to categorize the students in different category based on their cognitive and behavioral parameter.
KeywordsData mining ANN E-learning ITS Decision tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Merceron, A., Yacef, K.: Mining Student Data Captured from a Web-Based Tutoring Tool: Initial Exploration and Results. Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR) 15(4), 319–346 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Pahl, C.A.: Conceptual Architecture for Interactive Educational Multimedia. In: Ma, J. (ed.) Web-based Intelligent e-Learning Systems: Technologies and Applications. Idea Group Inc., Hershey (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.He, M., Jennings, N.R., Leung, H.: On agent-mediated electronic commerce. IEEE Transaction on Knowledge and Data Engineering 15(4), 983–1003 (2003), doi:10.1109/TKDE.2003.1209014Google Scholar
- 6.Leung, E.W.C., Li, Q.: An experimental study of a personalized learning environment through open-source software tools. IEEE Transaction on Education 50(4) (2007), doi:10.1109 /TE.2007.904571Google Scholar
- 7.Yeh, Y.-C.: Application and practices of artificial neural network. Scholars Books Co. Ltd., Taipai (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Freeman, J.A., Skapura, D.M.: Neural networks algorithm’and programming techniques. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1992)Google Scholar