Fault Detection in Synchronous Generators Based on Independent Component Analysis
A novel technique for fault detection and classification in the synchronous generator is proposed. In this paper, a new statistical method based on independent component analysis is presented. The proposed fault detection scheme identifies external and internal faults of synchronous generator. This characterization of fault transients will aid in the development of a protection relay for synchronous generator and the proposed method is effective in detecting faults and has great potential in power engineering applications.
KeywordsSynchronous Generator Internal fault External Fault Independent Component Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IEEE Power Engineering Education Committee: IEEE Tutorial on the Protection of Synchronous generators (1995) Google Scholar
- 2.Bo, Z.Q., Wang, G.S., Wang, P.Y., Weller, G.: Non-Differential Protection of Geneartor using Fuzzy Neural Networks. In: International Conference on Power System Technology, pp. 1072–1076 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Gaffor, S.A., Ramana Rao, P.V.: A New Wavelet Based Ground Fault Protection Scheme for Turbo Generators. In: Second International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, Sri Lanka, pp. 353–355 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Shi, Z., Tang, H., Yiyuan: A fixed – point algorithm for complexity pursuit. International Journal of Neural Computing, 529–536 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.MATLAB Documentation – Wavelet Tool Box, Ver. 7, The Mathworks Inc., Natick, MA (2008)Google Scholar