Evaluating the Genuinity of Opinions Using Decision Tree
Due to the rapid growth of internet technologies and communication networks, product vendors and companies are identifying web as a platform for launching and promoting their products globally. The user communities of web utilize these forums as a tool for posting and delivering their opinion about products. In such circumstances, techniques based on opinion mining play significant roles which include, understanding the opinions posted by the users, analyzing user reviews, extracting useful patterns, assisting decision making process etc. This paper analyses the genuinity of opinions expressed by web users.
KeywordsOpinion product reviews genuinity customers decision tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Melville, P., Gryc, W., Richard, D., Lawrence, S.: Sentiment analysis of blogs by combining lexical knowledge with text classification. In: Proc. 15th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Hariharan, S., Ramkumar, T.: Mining Product Reviews in Web Forums. J. Information Retrieval and Research 1(2), 1–17 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Auinger, A., Fischer, M.: Mining consumers’ opinions on the web, http://research.fh-ooe.at/files/publications/884_08_Opinion_Mining.pdf
- 6.Hu, M., Liu, B.: Mining and summarizing customer reviews. In: Proc. Tenth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Sun, J., Long, C., Zhu, X., Huang, M.: Mining Reviews for Product Comparison and Recommendation. J. on Computer Science and Computer Engineering with Applications (39), 33–40 (2009)Google Scholar