A Neural Network Based Image Watermarking Technique Using Spiral Encoding of DCT Coefficients
Secret data is more prone to unauthorized access when transmitted over the network. Hence data must be protected using some digital media protection scheme. Digital watermarking is now very popular in this field. Here we have proposed a new watermarking scheme to protect some secret messages by putting into a cover image during network transmission. The scheme is based on feed-forward back propagation neural network. The work is done in the frequency domain by considering 8×8 block of the image at a time. The neural network will be trained with spiral scan values of each block. Once the network has been trained it can be used to embed some secret message into any cover image and from the embedded image the message can again be extracted using the trained network. The proposed solution is highly effective and does not produce any visual deterioration of the cover image.
KeywordsDigital Watermarking Frequency Domain Neural Network Spiral Scan Zigzag Scan
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ahmidi, N., Safabaksh, R.: A Novel DCT Based Approach for secure Color Image Watermarking. In: International Conference Information Technology: Coding and Computing, vol. 2, pp. 709–713 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Huang, S., Zhang, W.: Digital Watermarking based on Neural Network and Image Features. In: Second International Conference on Information and Computing Science, vol. 2, pp. 238–240 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Deng, F., Wang, B.: A Novel Technique for Robust Image Watermarking in the DCT Domain. In: International Conf. of Neural Networks on Signal Processing, vol. 2, pp. 1525–1528 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Wajid, S.K., Jaffar, M.A., Rasul, W., Mirza, A.M.: Robust and Imperceptible Image Watermarking using Full Counter Propagation Neural Networks. In: International Conference on Machine Learning and Computing, vol. 3, pp. 385–391. IACSIT Press, Singapore (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Isac, B., Santhi, V.: A Study on Digital Image and Video Watermarking Schemes using Neural Networks. International Journal of Computer Applications 12(9) (January 2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Bansal, A., Singh Bhadauria, S.: Watermarking using Neural Network and Hiding the Trained Network within the cover Image. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 663–670 (2005-2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Chang, C.-C., Lin, I.-C.: Robust Image Watermarking Systems Using Neural Networks. Series on Innovative Intelligence, vol. 7, pp. 402–404 (2004)Google Scholar