Mixture Kernel Radial Basis Functions Neural Networks for Web Log Classification
With the immense horizontal and vertical growth of the World Wide Web (WWW), it is becoming more popular for website owners to showcase their innovations, business, and concepts. Along side they are also interested in tracking and understanding the need of the users. Analyzing web access logs, one can understand the browsing behavior of users. However, web access logs are voluminous as well as complex. Therefore, a semi-automatic intelligent analyzer can be used to find out the browsing patterns of a user. Moreover, the pattern which is revealed from this deluge of web access logs must be interesting, useful, and understandable. A radial basis function neural networks (RBFNs) with mixture of kernels are used in this work for classification of web access logs. In this connection two RBFNs with different mixture of kernels are investigated on web access logs for classification. The collected data are used for training, validation, and testing of the models. The performances of these models are compared with RBFNs. It is concluded that mixture of appropriate kernels are an attractive alternative to RBFNs.
KeywordsNeural networks Radial basis function neural networks Classification Web log Mixture kernel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Powell, M.J.D.: Radial Basis Functions for Multi-variable Interpolation: A Review. In: IMA Conference on Algorithms for the Approximations of Functions and Data, RMOS Shrivenham, UK (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.Buhmann, M.D.: Radial Basis Function Networks. In: Encyclopedia of Machine Learning, pp. 823–827 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Theodoridis, S., Koutroumbas, K.: Pattern Recognition. Academic Press, San Diego (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Idri, A., Zakrani, A., Zahi, A.: Design of Radial Basis function Neural Networks for Software Effort Estimation. International Journal of Computer Science 7(4), 11–17 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Bishop, C.M.: Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition. Oxford University Press, New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 14.Hu, C., Zong, X., Lee, C.W., Yeh, J.H.: World Wide Web Usage Mining Systems and Technologies. Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics 1(4), 53–59 (2003)Google Scholar
- 16.Li, Z., He, P., Lei, M.: Applying RBF Network to Web Classification Mining. Journal of Communication and Computer 2(9) (2005) ISSN 1548-7709Google Scholar
- 17.Junjie, C., Rongbing, H.: Research of Web Classification Mining based on RBF Neural Network. In: Proceedings of Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision Conference, vol. 2, pp. 1365–1367 (2004)Google Scholar
- 18.IP to location mapping, http://www.ip2location.com
- 20.Anifowose, F.A.: A Comparative Study of Gaussian Mixture Model and Radial Basis Function for Voice Recognition. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications 1(3), 1–9 (2010)Google Scholar