Impact on Realistic Mobility Model for Aircraft Ad Hoc Networks
In this paper, we address the impact on realistic mobility model for routing protocol of aircraft ad hoc networks. Since current simulation results are not based on realistic model, impact of mobility model for aircraft ad hoc networks has not been explored very well yet. Thus, this study will provide good simulation results for researcher who is going to develop routing protocol for aircraft ad hoc networks. Moreover, analysis of results shows what is the important factor in design of routing protocol. For the simulation, we introudce three main protocols, AODV, DSDV, and GPRS according to general classification, reactive/proactive as well as geographical protocol.
Keywordsaircraft ad hoc networks performance evaluation mobility model routing protocol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Airborne Ad Hoc Networks, http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~carlo/adhoc.html
- 2.IETF Mobile Ad Hoc Working Group CharterGoogle Scholar
- 3.Perkins, C., Belding-Royer, E., Das, S.: Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing. RFC 3561 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Perkins, C., Bhagwat, P.: Highly dynamic destination-sequenced distance vector routing (DSDV) for mobile computers. In: Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM, pp. 234–244 (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Karp, B., Kung, H.T.: Greedy Perimeter Stateless Routing for Wireless Networks. In: Proceedings of the Sixth Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 243–254 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Hartenstein, H., Laberteaux, K.P.: VANET Vehicular Applications & Inter-Networking Technologies. Wiley (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Lee, C.J., Kim, K.I.: Towards Realistic Mobility Scenarios for Aircraft Ad Hoc Networks. In: Proc. of ICETI 2012 (submitted to, 2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Microsoft Flight Simulator, http://www.microsoft.com/games/fsinsider/