Development of an Instant Meeting Android Application Using Wi-Fi Direct APIs
In most cases, Web conferencing requires a meeting place equipped with presentation facilities such as beam projectors, computers, video presentation aids, and Internet connection. Such a Web conferencing may be well suited for formal meetings or presentations rather than small-scale group meetings. In small-scale group meetings, presenters may want to start meetings quickly anywhere at any time even though there is no Internet connection. In this paper, we present the design and implementation of an instant meeting Android application based on Wi-Fi Direct, thus not using 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi Internet access. The initial version of the proposed application indicates that the Wi-Fi Direct APIs of the Android platform can be effectively applied for file sharing and event exchange.
KeywordsInstant Meeting Application Wi-Fi Direct Android Platform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Android APIs for Wi-Fi Direct, http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/wifip2p.html#api
- 2.Android developer site, http://developer.android.com/index.html
- 3.APV PDF Viewer, http://code.google.com/p/apv/
- 4.Wi-Fi Direct, http://www.wi-fi.org/discover-and-learn/wi-fi-direct
- 5.Gartner highlights key predictions for it organizations and users in 2010 and beyond (2010), http://gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1278413