A Study on the Learner Participation Interaction for Multi-modality Integration for Smart Devices
This paper suggests a method to provide the users with better experiences in designing the products with integration of multiple functions and multitasks in aspects of modality. The studies on modality and interruption were carried out from the perspective of cognitive burden on the users when the modality before and after tasks are the same in continuous tasks based on multiple resource theory. Based on this, this study attempted to examine the multitasking support and types of modalities of tasks as well as the interruption orders and frequency when an interruption occurs during a task and how they affect the task performance.
KeywordsMulti-modality Smart Device Integration Interaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Fensham, P.J.: Knowledge to Deal with Challenges to Science Education from Without and Within. In: The Professional Knowledge Base of Science Teaching, pp. 295–317 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Haigney, D.E.: Mobile phones and driving: A literature review. RoSPA, Birmingham (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Neerincx, M.A., Van Doorne, H., Ruijsendaal, M.: Attuning computer-supported work to human knowledge and processing capacies in ship conter centers. In: Cognitive Task Analysis, pp. 341–361. Erlbaum, Mahwah (2000)Google Scholar
- 14.Park, N.: The Implementation of Open Embedded S/W Platform for Secure Mobile RFID Reader. The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society 35(5), 785–793 (2010)Google Scholar
- 16.Park, N., Kim, H., Kim, S., Won, D.: Open Location-based Service using Secure Middleware Infrastructure in Web Services. In: Gervasi, O., Gavrilova, M.L., Kumar, V., Laganá, A., Lee, H.P., Mun, Y., Taniar, D., Tan, C.J.K. (eds.) ICCSA 2005. LNCS, vol. 3481, pp. 1146–1155. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Kim, Y.: Harmful-word Dictionary DB based Text Classification for Improving Performances of Precesion and Recall. Sungkyunkwan University, Ph.D. Thesis (2009)Google Scholar