The Finnish Car Rejection Reasons Shown in an Interactive SOM Visualization Tool
In this paper a new SOM visualization tool is introduced. It is shown how Collaborative Filtering can be used as preprocessing before the SOM training. Our goal was to provide for the user a possibility to analyze car differences by component planes which is not possible by original published tables. In addition it is possible to explore how different flaws are related in time or with other variables. The effects of the driver dependent components, such as tires, can be filtered out from rejection probability using the component plane codebooks. The interactive SOM visualization is very useful when a large number of labels is present. We developed a function to generate the needed files for a Processing language based tool. Our tool can be used simultaneously with the SOM Toolbox.
KeywordsSOM Visualization Tool Collaborative Filtering Car Inspection Data SOM Toolbox
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xiaoyuan, S., Taghi, M.K.: A Survey of Collaborative Filtering Techniques. In: Advances in Artificial Intelligence, Article ID 421425, 19 pages. Hindawi Publishing Corporation (2009), doi:10.1155/2009/421425Google Scholar
- 2.Stefanovič, P., Kurasova, O.: Visual analysis of self-organizing maps. Nonlinear Analysis: Modelling and Control 16(4), 488–504 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Vesanto, J., Himberg, J., Alhoniemi, E., Parhankangas, J.: Self-organizing map in Matlab: the SOM Toolbox. In: Proceedings of the Matlab DSP Conference, vol. 99, pp. 16–17 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Kohonen, T., Honkela, T.: Kohonen network. Scholarpedia 2(1), 1568, revision #122029 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.A-Katsastus, http://www.a-katsastus.com/ (retrieved on July 2012)
- 7.Abeel, T., Saeys, Y., Rouzé, P., Van de Peer, Y.: ProSOM: core promoter prediction based on unsupervised clustering of DNA physical profiles. Bioinformatics 24(13), i24–i31(2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Talonen, J.: An Interactive Self Organizing Map (SOM) Visualization Tool, https://sites.google.com/site/somvisualizationtool/