Use Patterns of Aerospace E-Indexing, Abstracting and Citation Services: A Research Study of Aerospace Scientists and Engineers of Bangalore
A research survey was undertaken to ascertain the ‘Use Patterns of Aerospace e-Indexing, Abstracting and Citation Services’ amongst the aerospace scientists and engineers of 16 aerospace organizations of Bangalore The major findings of this study are: (a) Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) was applied for testing the significant difference among the mean scores obtained towards the Use Patterns of ’Aerospace Indexing, Abstracting and Citation Services’ It is observed that all organizations show a significant difference (P < 0.05) in their mean scores viz., ‘Aerospace and High Technology Databases (CSA Abstracts)’, ‘INSPEC’, ‘ISI Web of Science’, ‘ISI Citation Indexes’, ‘ISI Web of Knowledge’, NASA – Technical Reports Server (NTRS)’, ‘NASA Technical Information Services Indexes (NTIS)’ and ‘SCOPUS’, except for ‘Engineering Index ((Compendex), Engineering Village 2)) (P = 0.094)’ and ‘Search Tools’.
KeywordsPatterns of Use Aerospace Scientists and Engineers Aerospace Indexing Abstracting and Citation Services City of Bangalore
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hollanders, H., Cruysen, A.V., Vertesy, D.: Sectoral Innovation Systems in Europe: The Case of the Aerospace Sector, Final Report, Europe INNOVA (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Lawlor, B.: Abstracting and Information Services. Managing the Flow of Scholarly Communication, Past, Present and Future, Serials Review 293, 200–209 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Irving, K.M.: Diffusion of Abstracting and Indexing Services for Government-Sponsored Research, vol. 1318. The Scarecrow Press, Inc., Irving MA. Lempner (1968)Google Scholar
- 4.Guruprasad, R., Nikam, K.: Use Patterns of Electronic Information Resources by Aerospace Scientists and Engineers in Bangalore, India, Ph.D.Thesis, University of Mysore and VDM Verlag Dr. Muller Gmbh & Co. KG (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Kumar, D.: An analytical study of information seeking behavior among agricultural scientists in Sardar Vallabhai Patel University of Science and Technology. International Journal of Library and Information Science 28, 164–168 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Tenopir, C., King, D.W.: The Use and Value of Scientific Journals: Past, Present and Future, Serials 142, 113–120 (2001)Google Scholar