Construction of Semantic User Profile for Personalized Web Search
User profile is an essential component for accessing the personalized information from the Web. Efficiency of personalized accessed information highly depends on how to model the user details to construct user profile. Previously, user profile was constructed by collecting list of keywords to inferring user interests. These kinds of approaches are not sufficient for many applications. In this paper, we have proposed a new method for constructing semantic user profile for personalized information access. User’s query is extended using ontological profile for generation of personalized search context. Experimental results show that our method of constructing semantic profile is effective for searching information with individual needs.
KeywordsUser profile Ontology Semantic search Personalization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Golemati, M., Katifori, A., Vassilakis, C., Lepouras, G., Halatsis, C.: Creating an Ontology for the User Profile: Method and Applications. In: RCIS, Morocco (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Salton, G., McGill, M.J.: An Introduction to Modern Information Retrieval. McGraw-Hill (1983)Google Scholar
- 7.Mylonas, P., Vallet, D., Castells, P., Fernandez, M., Avrithis, Y.: Personalized information retrieval based on context and ontological knowledge. The Knowledge Engineering Review, 1–24 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Sieg, A., Mobasher, B., Burke, R.: Learning Ontology-Based User Profiles: A semantic Approach to Personalized Web Search. IEEE Intelligent Informatics Bulletin 8(1) (November 2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Nguyen, N.T.: A Method for Ontology Conflict Resolution and Integration on Relation Level. Cybernetics and Systems 38(8) (2007)Google Scholar