An Axiomatic Model for Merging Stratified Belief Bases by Negotiation
This paper presents an axiomatic model for merging stratified belief bases by negotiation. We introduce the concept of mapping solution, which maps the preferences of agents into layers, as a vehicle to represent the belief states of agents and their attitudes towards the negotiation situations. The belief merging process in our model is divided into two stages: in the first stage, the agents’ stratified belief bases are maped to their preferences, and in the second stage a negotiation between the agents is carried out based on these preferences. In this paper, a set of rational axioms for negotiation-based belief merging is proposed and a negotiation solution which satisfies the proposed axioms is introduced. Finally, the logical properties of a family of merging-by-negotiation operators are discussed.
KeywordsBelief merging Belief negotiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Baeza-Yates, R.A., Ribeiro-Neto, B.A.: Modern Information Retrieval. ACM Press, Addison-Wesley (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Benferhat, S., Cayrol, C., Dubois, D., Lang, J., Prade, H.: Inconsistency management and prioritized syntax-based entailment. In: Bajcsy, R. (ed.) IJCAI, pp. 640–647. Morgan Kaufmann (1993)Google Scholar
- 5.Booth, R.: A negotiation-style framework for non-prioritised revision. In: Proceedings of the 8th Conference on Theoretical Aspects of Rationality and Knowledge, TARK 2001, pp. 137–150. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc. (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Brewka, G.: A rank based description language for qualitative preferences. In: de Mántaras, R.L., Saitta, L. (eds.) ECAI, pp. 303–307. IOS Press (2004)Google Scholar
- 20.Pattichis, C.S., Pattichis, M.S., Micheli-Tzanakou, E.: Medical imaging fusion applications: An overview. In: ACSSC, vol. 2, pp. 1263–1267 (2001)Google Scholar
- 21.Qi, G., Liu, W., Bell, D.A.: Merging stratified knowledge bases under constraints. In: AAAI, pp. 281–286 (2006)Google Scholar
- 22.Ren, W., Beard, R., Atkins, E.: A survey of consensus problems in multi-agent coordination. In: Proceedings of American Control Conference, vol. 3, pp. 1859–1864 (June 2005)Google Scholar
- 24.Serra, J.: Image Analysis and Mathematical Morphology. Academic Press, Inc., Orlando (1983)Google Scholar
- 26.Tran, T.H., Nguyen, N.T., Vo, Q.B.: Axiomatic characterization of belief merging by negotiation. Multimedia Tools and Applications (2012)Google Scholar