Comparison of Fuzzy Combiner Training Methods
More recently, neural network techniques and fuzzy logic inference systems have been receiving an increasing attention. At the same time, methods of establishing decision by a group of classifiers are regarded as a general problem in various application areas of pattern recognition. Fuzzy combiner proposed by authors, harnesses the support values from classifiers to provide final response having no other restrictions on their structure. The work on generalization of the two-class classification into multiclass classification by means of a fuzzy inference system is extended in this paper. Different methods of fuzzy combiner training are investigated and the result of computer experiments carried out on UCI benchmark datasets in the Matlab environment are presented.
Keywordsfuzzy combiner combined classifier system ANFIS neural-fuzzy system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wilk, T., Woźniak, M.: Combination of one-class classifiers for multiclass problems by fuzzy logic. Neural Network World International Journal on Non-Standard Computing and Artificial Intelligence 20, 853–869 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, C., Lin, C.: Multiple Compensatory Neural Fuzzy Networks Fusion Using Fuzzy Integral. Journal of Information Science and Engineering 3, 837–851 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Tax, D.M.J., Duin, R.P.W.: Using two-class classifiers for multiclass classification. Pattern Recognition Group 2, 124–127 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Dimou, I.N., Zervakis, M.E.: Support Vector Machines versus Decision Templates in Biomedical Decision Fusion. In: Seventh International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications, pp. 625–630 (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Newman, D.J., Hettich, S., Blake, C.L., Merz, C.J.: UCI Repository of machine learning databases, Dept. of Information and Computer Sciences, University of California, Irvine (1998), http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mlearn/MLRepository.html
- 14.Männle, M.: Parameter Optimization for Takagi-Sugeno Fuzzy Models - Lessons Learnt. In: Proceedings of IEEE Systems Man and Cybernetics, pp. 111–116 (2001)Google Scholar
- 17.Mahmoud, T.S., Marhaban, M.H., Hong, T.S.: ANFIS Controller with Fuzzy Subtractive Clustering Method to Reduce Coupling Effects in Twin Rotor MIMO System (TRMS) with Less Memory and Time Usage. Advanced Computer Control, 19–23 (2009)Google Scholar
- 18.Duin, R.P.W., Juszczak, P., Paclik, P., Pekalska, E., de Ridder, D., Tax, D.M.J.: PRTools 4, a matlab toolbox for pattern recognition, Delft University of Technology (2004)Google Scholar
- 19.Tax, D.M.J.: DDTools 1.7.3, the Data Description Toolbox for Matlab, Delft University of Technology (2009)Google Scholar