An Improved Method of Identification Based on Thermal Palm Vein Image
Biological characteristics based on face, fingerprint and iris images have been extensively studied and used for the identification in the past few decades. As a new-born method, thermal palm vein pattern is gathering more and more attention all over the world. An improved method of identification based on thermal palm vein image is presented in the paper. Five steps are needed to have a person verified: 1) acquisition of infrared palm vein image; 2) detection of ROI (region of interest); 3) enhancement of the palm vein image; 4) features extraction of the palm vein patterns; 5) matching the features between the real palm vein and sample data. Experiments have been carried out on 178 different images and 176 images of them are correctly recognized with two in failure. Experiments show the detection rate is satisfied.
KeywordsThermal Vein Biological Identification Gabor wavelet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Hsu, C.B., Hao, S.S., Lee, J.C.: Personal Authentication through Dorsal Hand Vein Patterns. Opt. Engineer. 50, 087201-1–087201-10 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, X., Liu, J.B.: Mammary image enhancement based on contrast limited adaptive histogram equalization. Comput. Engineer. Appl. 44(10), 173–175 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, K.J., Ding, Y.H., Yan, Z.D., Zhen, W.D.: Threshold Segmentation for Hand Vein Image. Techn. Automat. Appl. 24(8), 19–22 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Suleyman, M., Yu, F.Q., Lambert, S.: Vein Feature Extraction Using DT-CNNs. In: 10th International Workshop on Cellular Neural Networks and Their Applications, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 28–30 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, Y., Wu, G.F., Dai, G.L., Li, J.J.: A New Algorithm to Extract Contour Feature Points of Palmprint. Microelectron. Compu. 27, 90–94 (2010)Google Scholar