Analysis of Vacuum Casting Pressure Time and Its Influence on Casting Quality
Differential pressure vacuum casting process exist some characteristics, such as nonlinear, time-varying, lag and so on, which is a dynamic process with parameter changing. In the casting process, in order to make parameters meet requirements, the compression model of casting system must be analyzed correspondingly. Pressure time formula of compression process is derived by means of vacuum technology theory, and V450N-VD Vacuum Casting Machine designed by Shanghai University is used to do experiments and its results show that the cross-sectional area of inlet valve and the initial pressure of vacuum chamber are the important parameters of affecting pressure time during compression process. With the motorcycle headlight shell as the experimental mold during the vacuum casting process, experiments show that reasonable pressure time is beneficial to improving the casting quality during the compression process.
Keywordsdifferential pressure vacuum casting process parameter pressure time filling velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhong, H.R.: Warpage Optimization Based on Moldflow and DOE Technology. Plastic 40(4), 90–93 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Ou, Z.H.: Vacuum Casting Process CAE Analysis of Silicone Mold, pp. 45–61. Ph.D. Tianjin University, China (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Qian, X., Jin, Y.F.: Plastic Injection Product Defects and CAE Analysis, pp. 20–25. Chemical Industry Press, China (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Gao, Y.Z., Zhao, J.: Plastic molding CAE Technology, pp. 103–118. China Light Industry Press, China (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Kiam Thyaqo, M., Pereira Nilson, C.: Study of injection-compression molded part using CAE analysis. Polimeros 17(1), 16–22 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Xie, H.S., Li, H.J., Wang, Y.Q.: Filling Characteristics and the Influence Factors of Differential Pressure Casting for Thin Wall Part. Journal of Chongqing University 25(10), 20–22 (2002)Google Scholar