Mechanical Behaviors of Shape Memory Alloys Concerning Small-Strain and Large-Strain Methods
Based on thermodynamics and phase transformation driving force, a SMA constitutive model is provided. Simulations under different loading illustrate the influence of large strain deformation and small strain deformation on the characteristics of the model. The results indicate that the difference between the two methods is small under uniaxial tension, while the influence is very different under shear deformation case. The result has been stimulated by a example which test efficiently the result.
KeywordsShape memory alloys Modeling Large strain Small strain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Peng, H.-J., Zhou, J.-L.: Thermodynamic properties and heat capacity of Ru metal in HCP, FCC, BCC and liquid state. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China (10) (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.VITOS Levente. Composition dependent elastic modulus and phase stability of Ni2MnGa based ferromagnetic shape memory alloys. Scien. China (Technological Sciences) (02) (2012) Google Scholar
- 3.Bao, Z.-Z., Guo, S., Xiao, F., Zhao, X.-Q.: School of Materials Science and Engineering, Beihang University, Beijing 100191, China. Development of NiTiNb in-situ composite with high damping capacity and high yield strength. Progress in Natural Science: Materials International (04) (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Wu, Z.-Q., Zhang, Z.-H.: School of Mechanical Engineering, Tianjin University, 300072 Tianjin, China Department of Electromechanical Engineering, Nanyang Institute of Technology, 473004 Nanyang, China. Force-displacement characteristics of simply supported beam laminated with shape memory alloys. Acta Mechanica Sinica (06) (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Es’kin, V.A., Kudrin, A.V.: Stationary structure of a high-frequency discharge maintained by a distributed electromagnetic source in the presence of an external magnetic field. Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Huang, Z., Li, Y.: Department of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, 610031, China. Dynamic Stability and Chaos of a Space Three-Bar Supporter of Shape Memory Alloys. Vibration Engineering and Technology of Machinery. In: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on VETOMAC-V (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Moyne, S., Boubakar, M.L., Lexcellent, C.: J. Phys. 5, 83 (1997)Google Scholar