An Object Oriented Realization of Perceptual Computer
In the chapter basic concepts of type-2 fuzzy logic, computing with words and perceptual computing are presented. Architectural details of an object-oriented realization of a software library for developing perceptual computers are exposed and explained. Thereby, following topics are covered: mathematical models for data types, class hierarchies for types and inference operators, operation in multithreaded environment, comparison with an existing MATLAB realization, and a short code sample. Introducing a class hierarchy for inference operators is motivated by prior work of the authors that implied novel weighted averages can be replaced with other operators. Development of a perceptual computer and its usage for hierarchical decision making in solving known problem of missile system selection is described. Input values and produced results are presented in details in the chapter. The results are consistent with results from the literature. Conclusions are given, as well as possible directions for further research and application work.
KeywordsFuzzy logic type-2 fuzzy logic perceptual computer hierarchical decision making MATLAB missile system selection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Russell, S., Norvig, P.: Artificial Intelligence, A Modern Approach, 3rd edn. Pearson, Upper Saddle River (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Šaletić, D.Z.: Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy-Logic Systems. Eduka, Belgrade (2012) (in Serbian)Google Scholar
- 5.Zadeh, L.A.: The concept of linguistic variable and its application to Approximate Reasoning. Information Sciences 8, part I, 199–249 (1975)Google Scholar
- 7.Zadeh, L. A., Kacprzyk, J.: Computing with Words in Information/Intelligent Systems. Book 1, Foundations, Book 2 Applications. Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Mendel, J.M.: The perceptual computer: An architecture for computing with words. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Syst (FUZZ-IEEE 2001), Melbourne, Australia, pp. 35–38 (December 2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Šaletić, D.Z., Andjelković, M.: A Perceptual Computer Software Model Applied to Hierarchical Decision Making. In: Pap, E., Fodor, J. (eds.) Proceedings of the IEEE 9th International Symposium on Intelligent Systems and Informatics, SISY 2011, Subotica, Serbia, September 8-10, pp. 145–150 (2011); 27-sisy2011.pdf, IEEE Catalog Number: CFP1084C-CDR, Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/SISY.2011.6034311, ISBN: 978-4244-7395-3 Google Scholar
- 18.Andjelković, M.: Object-Oriented Realization of Perceptual Computer and a New Inference Operator. e-RAF Journal on Computing, Electronic Scientific Journal 3, 17–33 (2011)Google Scholar
- 19.Grabish, M., Marishal, J.L., Mesiar, R., Pap, E.: Aggregation Functions. Cambridge University Press (2009)Google Scholar
- 20.Dujmović, J.J.: Weighted conjunctive and disjunctive means and their application in system evaluation. Journal of the University of Belgrade, EE Department, Series Mathematics and Physics, No. 461-497, 147–158 (1974)Google Scholar